SITUATIONS VACANT - We have the following role that urgently requires volunteers:- PHOTO-FINISH - Mike Scott has stated that he will not be continuing to support the photo-finish service after the end of the 2015 season. Anyone interested in taking on this role should contact Mike for more details of what is involved.
SURREY U13/U15 SPORTSHALL, SPECTRUM, GUILDFORD, 22ND NOVEMBER 2015
- Mike Fleet has written a book on the life of Dorothy Tyler, one of Surrey's most accomplished athletes. Mike spent a lot of time with Dorothy in her latter years and was able to obtain many photographs and documents from her to illustrate her career. The book is entitled Thanks And No Thanks Mr Hitler: The Dorothy Odam-Tyler Story and it costs £10 by personal collection from Mike.
BRUCE JUDD YOUNG ATHLETES CROSS-COUNTRY RELAYS (SURREY COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIPS), STOKE PARK, GUILDFORD, 24TH OCTOBER 2015
- RESULTS + PHOTOS.
ANNUAL ANALYSIS OF SURREY RANKINGS FOR U13, U15 & U17 AGE GROUPS
- Based upon information received we have produced our Annual Survey by event and by club. It provides a comparison of performances by Surrey athletes for the past 11 years. In general it shows a significant increase in the number of participants in 2015 for all age groups with the exception of the Under-15 Boys.
2016 AGE GROUPS AND COUNTY TRACK & FIELD CHAMPIONSHIP DATES.
- UKA have announced that there will be no changes to the age group definitions for 2016. UKA have also set the dates for County Championships for 2016 as 14/15 May (ie 2 weeks earlier than the equivalent date in 2015) - this is in opposition to the view held by Surrey County AA.
Although the 2016 Rule Book has not yet been finalised it is proposed to include a rule that all participants in track & field competition held under UKA rules will need to be registered with their national association (eg England Athletics). Details of the proposals can be found on the UKA website and responses have to be made by 11 November 2015.
- We congratulate Donna following the announcement that she will become the Vice President of UK Athletics at their AGM on 4 December 2015. Profile.
SURREY U13/U15 SPORTSHALL, SPECTRUM, GUILDFORD, 25TH OCTOBER 2015
KEN BEST MBE - It is with regret that we have to announce the passing of our Past President Ken Best at the age of 91.
Before moving to Horsham, after retiring, he was, for many years, a stalwart with the Surrey Walking Club and Civil Service association.
His funeral was held at the Surrey/Sussex Crematorium, Crawley on Tuesday 22nd September 2015 at 10.30am.
The family have requested no flowers but donations to the Horizon Unit, League of Friends, Horsham Hospital via Freeman Bros of Horsham.
SURREY TRACK & FIELD CHAMPIONSHIPS PART 2, DWLC, CARSHALTON, 12/13TH SEPTEMBER 2015
- This meeting has the Surrey County Championships for Combined Events, Steeplechases, Track Walks & Track Relays. It is held in conjunction with Sussex. RESULTS FROM BOTH DAYS (53k xlsx). Correction to results of U17W Heptathlon made at 18:50 on 14th September 2015.
All results, including every jump & every throw, have been included in the results database. Performances can be viewed at 2015 T&F Results.
COMMONWEALTH YOUTH GAMES, SAMOA, 5-11 SEPTEMBER 2015
- England Athletics & Commonwealth Games England have announced the 21 athletes who will represent England. Congratulation to the following Surrey athletes who have been selected:- 100m & 4x100m Rechmial Miller (Hercules Wimbledon) and 100m Hurdles & 4x100m Hope Sarti (Guildford & Godalming).
RESPECT TO OUR TEAM MANAGERS - Surrey County Athletic Association does not accept or condone the use of offensive behaviour towards or abuse or bullying of team managers under any circumstances. Team managers are all volunteers and make their decisions on the basis of information available to them. While not everyone is likely to agree with all of their decisions they must respect them and all the hours of work and agonising that go into the difficult task these team managers carry out in the interests of encouraging athletics in the county
CARDIAC RISK IN THE YOUNG - England Athletics is publicising this charity.
CRY is a charity that was established to raise awareness of conditions that can lead to the sudden cardiac death of young people. They operate a screening programme at a number of clinics around the UK and support this with mobile units that travel to other locations.
Full information about CRY and their services can be found on their website at www.c-r-y.org.uk. Young people between the age of 14 and 35 who would like to have cardiac testing can go to www.testmyheart.org.
You can also see www.uka.org.uk/governance/health-safety/cardiac-screening-for-athletes/ for information on work being done by UKA in this area.
Following the death of a young member of Croydon Harriers, Mike Fleet has been promoting this charity for several years and anyone wishing to have copies of his photographs has been asked to make a donation to CRY. Further, he has been exchanging for donations bookmarks signed by famous athletes to raise funds for this charity. We thank those of you who have shown your support in the past.
NEW DATABASE FACILITY - It is now possible to review the performances by Surrey athletes at the Major International Championships. For example you can view all performances at the Olympic Games or finalists at the European Indoor Championships or medal winners at the Commonwealth Youth Games etc....... Click on "Results" above and then select "Major Championships". As always please let us know of any errors or ommissions. Webmaster.
SURREY COUNTY ATHLETICS HISTORICAL INFORMATION - CAN YOU HELP? - Keith Burchell currently holds the archives for the Surrey County AAA and Surrey County WAAA. These are far from being complete. If you have any past information such as programmes, committee minutes, championship results etc that you are thinking of disposing then please contact Keith. In particular, sets of County Championship results prior to 1980 are sought.
SURREY SCHOOLS ATHLETICS HISTORICAL INFORMATION - CAN YOU HELP? - Surrey Schools AA have had a request from Michael Stenning, as part of his family history research.
He wants to know if his aunt, Iris Marshall, won the girls hurdles at Surrey Schools T&F at Motspur Park between 1934-39.
Another request for any old programmes from Surrey Schools in the 1934-39 period, and also for 1954 Surrey Schools T&F Champs. Please contact Peter Shilling.
SURREY ALL-TIME RANKINGS - Over the past months David Cocksedge, Pete Mulholland and Keith Burchell have been compiling lists of the best performances for each of the standard track and field events for Men and Women. Further assistance has been provided by Liz Sissons, Alan Mead and Tom Pollak. The results of their efforts are now available by clicking on the "All-time Track & Field Rankings" button above. It is possible that some performances have been missed - please contact Pete Mulholland with any further performances that should be included. Performances are only eligible for athletes who were Surrey-qualified at the time of setting the performance. The names and clubs shown are those of the athlete at the time the performance was set.
RESULTS ARCHIVE- On this website you will find results of previous County Championships. To find out what is available then click on the buttons below:-
The Track & Field Championships database has recently had the complete results of the 2015 Main Championships plus the full results of the 1975 Championships included. This means that we now have full results for 40 years available for you to access. Result sheets in the past did not show the first names of athletes so many are missing from the database. If you are able to add to this information then please contact Webmaster. There are over 83,000 individual performances from past Track & Field Championships stored within the database.
FORMS FOR PHOTO-FINISH, RACE CLOCK & RADIOS SCAA has (a) photo finish, (b) a race clock and (c)
radios for hire. You can download forms to book either the race clock or
the radios by clicking on the buttons below. The forms come in either MS
Word or Adobe PDF format. Please note that there are two different forms
for the photo finish - one for organisations affiliated to SCAA and one
for other organisations.