SURREY UNDER-20 MEN'S 110M HURDLES RECORD- Robert Sakala (Croydon H) set a new record of 13.76/+1.0 whilst competing in the Active Newham Open Series meeting held in Newham on 25th May 2016. The previous record was 13.81/+0.4 which was set by Rushane Thomas on 3rd August 2014. Surrey Under-20 Men Records.
SURREY COUNTY MASTERS TRACK & FIELD CHAMPIONSHIPS, EWELL COURT, SUNDAY 5TH JUNE 2016
- Timetable. Entries. Closing date for entries 14th May - NO LATE ENTRIES and NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY
Information line 07968 131 577 up to 9pm
SURREY UNDER-17 MEN'S 200M RECORD- Joseph Massimo (Crawley AC) set a new record of 21.36/+1.6 whilst competing in the British League Division 2 fixture held in Cardiff on 7th May 2016. The previous record was 21.65/+1.0 which was set by Uvie Ugono on 7th August 1994. Surrey Under-17 Men Records.
OUTDOOR TRACK & FIELD RANKINGS 2016
- Following the County Campionships we have caught-up with the rankings.
We are still seeking volunteers to look after the female age group (U20/U17/U15/U13) listings. Anyone considering undertaking these tasks should contact Keith Burchell.
EA SENIOR / UNDER-20 COMBINED EVENTS CHAMPIONSHIPS, BEDFORD, 14TH/15TH MAY 2016
- Congratulations to Dylan Carlsson-Smith (Shaftesbury Barnet Harriers) for his victory in the Under-20 Decathlon and to Sam Talbot (Exeter) for his victory in the Under-18 Decathlon. Surrey medal winners.
Winner of the U20 Women’s 200m at this year’s Surrey Championship was Jemma Wood of Guildford & Godalming and making the medal presentation for that event was her mother Louise (nee Manning) – far right - who in 1983 won the U17 High Jump with a Championship Best Performance of 1.76m, a record that still stands today after 33 years. “How time flies,” admitted a proud mother.
SURREY COUNTY HALF-MARATHON CHAMPIONSHIPS, RICHMOND, 1ST MAY 2016 - RESULTS.
SURREY SENIOR WOMEN'S 3000M STEEPLECHASE RECORD- Rosie Clarke (Epsom & Ewell Harriers) set a new record of 9:54.82 whilst competing in the Payton Jordan Invitational held in Palo Alto, Califonia on 1st May 2016. In the same race Molly Renfer (Kingston AC & Polytechnic Harriers) ran 10:10.51 which also beat the previous record. The previous record was 10:11.33 which was set by Molly Renfer at the same venue on 1st April. Surrey Senior Women Records.
SURREY COUNTY 10K TRACK WALK, BATTERSEA PARK, 27TH APRIL 2016 - RESULTS:
MEN. 1st Mick Harran (Surrey WC) 65:48.7; 2nd Peter Hannell (Surrey WC) 65:58.8; 3rd
Chris Flint (Surrey WC) 67:21.3.
WOMEN. 1st Fiona Bishop (Woking AC) 69:54.3.
JUST ARRIVED - UKA RULE BOOK £5.50 plus £1.80 p&p - ORDERS CAN BE PLACED VIA THE SURREY SHOP.
SURREY UNDER-20 HAMMER RECORD - Gareth Cook has informed us that he threw the 6kg Hammer 63.80m whilst representing England Schools in the ISF World Gymnasiade held in Nice on 4/6 June 1986. This performance is now recognised as the Surrey Record. Therefore Peter Cassidy (Guildford & Godalming AC) and Munroe Ritchie (Crawley AC) have until the end of this season to try and better Gareth's throw. The confusion arose because, in 1986, in the UK Under-20 Men were throwing a 6.25kg Hammer and Gareth's throw being achieved under International Rules which prescribed a 6kg Hammer meant that his throw was not included in the UK rankings. Surrey Under-20 Men Records.
- David passed away suddenly, but peacefully, aged 83 on 10th April 2016. He had been an active Field Judge and Timekeeper for many years. His funeral will take place at the Kingston Crematorium, at 1:30pm on Monday, 25th April 2016.
U13/U15 SPORTSHALL - NATIONAL FINALS, SPORT CITY, MANCHESTER, 16TH/17TH APRIL 2016
- Following the conclusion of all the Regional rounds it has been announced that the Surrey Under-13 Girls team plus Marcus Austin in the Under-13 Boys Long Jump have qualified for the national finals. Their events will be held on Saturday, 16th April. Great Day - Under-13 Girls team did Surrey proud - finished 2nd out of 11- Norfolk turned the tables on us - last year they went as best runners-up and came 2nd to us & this year was the reverse. 8 individual medals for the Surrey girls. Also GOLD for Marcus Austin (DMV) in his individual standing long jump of 2.63m.
SURREY COUNTY DISABILITY CHAMPIONSHIPS, KINGSMEADOW, SATURDAY/SUNDAY 9TH/10TH APRIL 2016
UNDER-15 GIRLS 300 METRES
- It has been agreed to add the U15G 300m to the programme for the 2016 Surrey Track & Field Championships. The event has also been included within the All-time rankings and the inaugral County Record has been determined to be 40.8 which was achieved by Shona Richards in 2010 and Maya Bruney in 2011. Surrey Under-15 Girls Records.
SURREY COUNTY ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION CONSTITUTION
- The revised version of the Constitution as agreed at the AGM held on 11th March 2016 is available. SCAA Constitution.
TRACK & FIELD TEAM MANAGER VACANCIES
- We are seeking volunteers to be Team Managers for our Senior Men and Senior Women Track & Field teams for the 2016 season. There are two fixtures each for these teams on 10th July at Basingstoke and 30th/31st July at Bedford. Anyone wishing to volunteer or who wishes to discuss what is involved should contact Paul Eales (E-mail M: 07968 498707 ).
IAAF WORLD INDOOR TRACK & FIELD CHAMPIONSHIPS, PORTLAND, OREGON, USA, 17TH/20TH MARCH 2016
- Congratulations to the following Surrey athletes who have been selected to represent Great Britain & Northern Ireland:-
60 metres James Dasaolu (Croydon H);
800 metres Adelle Tracey (Guildford & Godalming AC);
Pentathlon Morgan Lake (Windsor, Slough, Eton & Hounslow AC).
CAU INTER-COUNTY CROSS-COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS, COFTON PARK, BIRMINGHAM, SATURDAY, 12TH MARCH 2016
- Another fantastic day for Surrey at Cofton Park. 6 Surrey teams finished in the top five. We thank all the athletes for their hard work and commitment over the year. We say a special thank you to the coaches, parents and friends for their support of the athletes week-in and week-out. We also thank Patricia & Michael Cole for stepping-in at the last minute to act as team managers, put up the County tent and hand out the team vests. RESULTS. 5 PAGES OF PHOTOS.
SURREY COUNTY ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION ANNUAL AWARDS PRESENTATION & ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING, FRIDAY, 11TH MARCH 2016 - Pete Mulholland BEM was elected as President. All the other officers were re-elected.
LIST OF AWARD WINNERS. LIST OF OFFICERS ETC.
REVISED UKA RULES FOR COMPETITION BECOME EFFECTIVE ON 1ST APRIL 2016. - The following message has been issued by England Athletics:-
Coinciding with the start of the new track and field season, the latest version of the UKA Rules for Competition 2016 are to be launched on April 1st and UKA have announced information on the updates that will be included.
These include important changes regarding compulsory athlete registration in competitions held under UKA Rules. It is important that athletes, club membership secretaries, team managers and others are aware of this and the associated guidance.
To help support those who are affected by different aspects of registration rules we have put together advice for:
While athlete registration has been a part of the rules of the sport for a number of years these changes mean it is essential that athletes are registered and aware of their registration details.
We recommend you make yourself familiar with the information that is relevant to you and, where appropriate, draw the attention of others to the information that is relevant to them.
You can read UKA's announcement at www.britishathletics.org.uk/media/news/2016-news-page/february-2016/08-02-16-rule-book-update.
ENGLISH NATIONAL CROSS-COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS, DONNINGTON PARK, 27TH FEBRUARY 2016
- Congratulations to the following Surrey athletes who won medals:-
Senior Men Jonny Hay AFD
Senior Women Lily Partridge AFD
U17 Women Niamh Brown AFD
Junior Men Gus Cockle AFD
U15 Girls Alex Brown HHH
U13 Boys Harley Norman E&E
SOUTH OF ENGLAND CROSS-COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS, PARLIAMENT HILL, 30TH JANUARY 2016
- Congratulations to the following Surrey athletes who won medals:-
Senior Men Jonny Hay AFD
U17 Women Niamh Brown AFD
U13 Boys Harley Norman E&E
U15 Girls Alex Brown HHH
Senior Women Georgie Brunveils AFD
Junior Men Jack Rowe AFD
U13 Girls Lulu King HHH
SURREY DISCUS RECORD FOR JADE LALLY - Competing in Sydney, Australia on 27th February 2016 Jade Lally (Shaftesbury Barnet Harriers) set a new Surrey record for the Senior Women's Discus. Her throw of 65.10m improved the previous record of 64.22m which she set 2 days earlier (see below). This will also be an English record. Surrey Senior Women Records.
SURREY DISCUS RECORD FOR JADE LALLY - Competing in Auckland, New Zealand on 25th February 2016 Jade Lally (Shaftesbury Barnet Harriers) set a new Surrey record for the Senior Women's Discus. Her throw of 64.22m improved the previous record of 61.22m which was set by Shelley Newman (Belgrave Harriers) in 2003. Surrey Senior Women Records.
NOTE. David Cocksedge informs us that Jade's performance is also an English National record.
SURREY COUNTY INDOOR TRACK & FIELD CHAMPIONSHIPS, DWLC, CARSHALTON, SATURDAY/SUNDAY 20TH/21ST FEBRUARY 2016
- RESULTS (Both days complete - revised 18:50 on 26.02.2016). All performances have been added to the database and profiles have been updated. Athletes without a profile should contact Webmaster and provide their date of birth. Information regarding field event series has been added.
JOHN MORRIS 1932 - 2016
- It is with regret that we have to inform you of the death of John "Johnny" Morris, who died in St Georges Hospital, Tooting, at 83 years of age. John joined Belgrave Harriers in November 1958 and was a long
distance walker. In 1971 he became a centurion, walking 100 miles in under 24 hours. After retiring from competitive
athletics he became a graded track and field official and for many years officiated at the county championships and
local club meetings.
MALCOLM BURTON 1943 - 2016
- Malcolm died peacefully at St Helier Hospital in February. He had been ill for a few months. As a member of Mitcham AC during the late-1950s and the 1960s he won the Surrey Junior Men's Mile title in 1960. He maintained an interest in athletics during his later years through spectating at Crystal Palace and in 2012 by going with his granddaughters to the London Olympics. Profile.
SURREY MILE RECORD FOR OLI AITCHISON - Competing in the Husky Classic meeting in Seattle, USA Oli Aitchison (Aldershot, Farnham & District AC) set a new Surrey record for 1 Mile indoors on 13th February 2016. His time of 3:58.59 improved the previous record of 3:59.54 which was set by John Gladwin (Belgrave Harriers) in 1987. Surrey Senior Men Indoor Records.
As advertised on this page for many months now, Mike Scott is this year reducing his involvement with the SCAA photo-finish service. Unsurprisingly (given the huge amount of work that Mike has put into this activity each year) no one individual has come forward to take over the role. However, a team of SCAA officials, including several with extensive PF experience as Technical Officials, will be taking on the PF service for 2016. Mike will continue to play an important part, but as member of a wider team which will between them cover all aspects of the service.
The initial priority is to resource Surrey County AA events, but it is intended that, as the expertise of the team progresses, we will start to take on events promoted by Surrey affiliated clubs and other competition providers. A decision regarding the extent of this is expected to be taken in mid-April. Until that time, it will generally not be possible to take any bookings, but expressions of interest can be sent to SCAA via Margaret Nelson (email@example.com). Margaret will save the dates concerned (if not already reserved) until such time as a decision is made on whether the event can be resourced.
CONGRATULATIONS TO BILL LUCAS DFC -
Former Surrey president and team manager Bill Lucas, DFC, was guest of honour at a celebration tea at Belgrave Hall on Sunday to mark 80 years' membership of Belgrave Harriers. Bill, who is in his 100th year, represented Britain in the 5000m at the Wembley Olympics in 1948 after just one year's training after serving in the RAF's Bomber Command for seven years and flying 81 missions, surviving unharmed. When he retired from active athletics, Bill was a valuable asset for the county as team manager during one of the most successful periods for Surrey in the UK Inter-Counties cross country championships.
Many older members of Belgrave Harriers and representatives of the South of England AA and Surrey County AA were at the celebration tea which was attended by about 50 people.
Bill thanked those present with an amazingly lucid and fascinating address which included explaining how he came to join Belgrave in 1936.
In one of the two pictures taken by Mike Fleet, Belgrave chairman John Powell is presenting Bill with a commemoration vase and, in the other, Bill is surrounded by many of the athletes he managed during his period as Belgrave's cross country team manager. In the centre is a painting of him running in June 1952 at a meeting to mark the opening of the Wimbledon Park track. Profile.
From left to right: George Flanagan, John Stow, Leo Coy, Tony Binda, Bob Taylor, Bill Lucas, Lionell Mann, Tony Fairclough, Alan Black, Bill Laws, Ken Miller, Charlie Dabbs, Pat Newall & Charlie Dickenson.
SURREY 800M RECORD FOR ADELLE TRACEY - Adelle Tracey (Guildford & Godalming AC) set a new Surrey record for 800m indoors when she won in Vienna on 30th January 2016. Her time of 2:02.15 improved the previous record of 2:04.35 which was set by Katie Snowden (Herne Hill Harriers) in 2014. Surrey Senior Women Indoor Records.
SURREY COUNTY CROSS-COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS, DENBIES, DORKING, SUNDAY 10TH JANUARY 2016
- RESULTS & PHOTOS. Performances have been added to the results database and existing profiles updated. Please note that the Under-13 Boys and Senior Men results were revised on 24 January 2016.
RESPECT TO OUR TEAM MANAGERS - Surrey County Athletic Association does not accept or condone the use of offensive behaviour towards or abuse or bullying of team managers under any circumstances. Team managers are all volunteers and make their decisions on the basis of information available to them. While not everyone is likely to agree with all of their decisions they must respect them and all the hours of work and agonising that go into the difficult task these team managers carry out in the interests of encouraging athletics in the county
CARDIAC RISK IN THE YOUNG - England Athletics is publicising this charity.
CRY is a charity that was established to raise awareness of conditions that can lead to the sudden cardiac death of young people. They operate a screening programme at a number of clinics around the UK and support this with mobile units that travel to other locations.
Full information about CRY and their services can be found on their website at www.c-r-y.org.uk. Young people between the age of 14 and 35 who would like to have cardiac testing can go to www.testmyheart.org.
You can also see www.uka.org.uk/governance/health-safety/cardiac-screening-for-athletes/ for information on work being done by UKA in this area.
Following the death of a young member of Croydon Harriers, Mike Fleet has been promoting this charity for several years and anyone wishing to have copies of his photographs has been asked to make a donation to CRY. Further, he has been exchanging for donations bookmarks signed by famous athletes to raise funds for this charity. We thank those of you who have shown your support in the past.
NEW DATABASE FACILITY - It is now possible to review the performances by Surrey athletes at the Major International Championships. For example you can view all performances at the Olympic Games or finalists at the European Indoor Championships or medal winners at the Commonwealth Youth Games etc....... Click on "Results" above and then select "Major Championships". As always please let us know of any errors or ommissions. Webmaster.
SURREY COUNTY ATHLETICS HISTORICAL INFORMATION - CAN YOU HELP? - Keith Burchell currently holds the archives for the Surrey County AAA and Surrey County WAAA. These are far from being complete. If you have any past information such as programmes, committee minutes, championship results etc that you are thinking of disposing then please contact Keith. In particular, sets of County Championship results prior to 1980 are sought.
SURREY SCHOOLS ATHLETICS HISTORICAL INFORMATION - CAN YOU HELP? - Surrey Schools AA have had a request from Michael Stenning, as part of his family history research.
He wants to know if his aunt, Iris Marshall, won the girls hurdles at Surrey Schools T&F at Motspur Park between 1934-39.
Another request for any old programmes from Surrey Schools in the 1934-39 period, and also for 1954 Surrey Schools T&F Champs. Please contact Peter Shilling.
SURREY ALL-TIME RANKINGS - Over the past months David Cocksedge, Pete Mulholland and Keith Burchell have been compiling lists of the best performances for each of the standard track and field events for Men and Women. Further assistance has been provided by Liz Sissons, Alan Mead and Tom Pollak. The results of their efforts are now available by clicking on the "All-time Track & Field Rankings" button above. It is possible that some performances have been missed - please contact Pete Mulholland with any further performances that should be included. Performances are only eligible for athletes who were Surrey-qualified at the time of setting the performance. The names and clubs shown are those of the athlete at the time the performance was set.
RESULTS ARCHIVE- On this website you will find results of previous County Championships. To find out what is available then click on the buttons below:-
The Track & Field Championships database has recently had the complete results of the 2015 Main Championships plus the full results of the 1975 Championships included. This means that we now have full results for 40 years available for you to access. Result sheets in the past did not show the first names of athletes so many are missing from the database. If you are able to add to this information then please contact Webmaster. There are over 83,000 individual performances from past Track & Field Championships stored within the database.
FORMS FOR PHOTO-FINISH, RACE CLOCK & RADIOS SCAA has (a) photo finish, (b) a race clock and (c)
radios for hire. You can download forms to book either the race clock or
the radios by clicking on the buttons below. The forms come in either MS
Word or Adobe PDF format. Please note that there are two different forms
for the photo finish - one for organisations affiliated to SCAA and one
for other organisations.